Food and Health Contributor
Sweet, tangy, and oh-so-sweet, this is a treat for the bold and adventurous spirit. The blend of east meets southwest, It is cocktail enjoyed by connoisseurs of the good life and is reflective of extrovert personalities' love for the je ne sais quoi. A blend of sweeter reposado tequila, cognac, and agave nectar, the jalapeño's spiciness is very palatable and pleasing when introduced to Thai basil and organic raspberries.
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 4 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 1/2 oz Tequila, preferably reposado
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño, muddled
- 1/4 oz Thai basil, muddled
- 1/2 oz cognac (your choice)
- Splash of raspberry puree
- Splash of agave nectar
- jalapeño for garnish
- Thai basil for garnish
- 6-8 blackberries
- In a Boston shaker, muddle jalapeño and fresh basil.
- Add in your tequila, lime juice, cognac, and agave syrup to the shaker with plenty of ice.
- Shake very well to ensure ingredients mix properly.
- Strain into a highball glass over ice or in a cocktail glass with no ice.
- Garnish with a jalapeño, basil, and a few blackberries.