Ditch the poorly made margaritas and say goodbye to artificial lemon juice.
Below are the four essentials to making the perfect margarita:
1. Avoid cheap tequila – If you are going to get serious about margaritas, you’ll need to invest in high-quality tequila. The key is being 100% agave, which means no additional sugars were added during fermentation process.
2. Use real lime –using real lime juice is just as important. Avoid the artificial lime plastic ball, or any prepackaged sour mix and buy real limes. Limes are not expensive and they last a long time. This will make a big difference!
3. Get the orange stuff –Triple sec is key! This orange flavored liquor is sweet and it’s made from dried orange peels. You can substitute with blue curacao to make a blue margarita if you are feeling adventurous.
4. It’s all about the measurements – The basic ratio measurement of a margarita is 2:1:1 which means two part tequila, one part of triple sec and one part lime juice. This will always depend on how strong you like your tequila so feel free to experiment with it.
Furthermore, we couldn't leave you without offering Prestige du Monde's own craft cocktail, La Femme Rouge. Our signature tequila cocktail, which was created one breezy summer night in 2014, serves as the basis for our team's rendezvous, event planning affairs, and public relations campaigns. Without a Femme Rouge our endeavors would simply be cute conversations: why not turn cute into raging sexy?
Le Femme Rouge Margarita Ingredients
· 2oz Tequila
· Large Bar spoon of apricot jam
· ¾ oz pomegranate juice
· ¼ oz simple syrup
Pour all ingredients in a cocktail shaker; shake hard and pour into an ice filled old fashioned glass. Garnish with kumquats (in season), apricots and a mint sprig.